Every child enters kindergarten with a range of physical, cognitive and social skills. Often children who turn 5 during the summer months, or are facing other learning challenges, need the gift of time and opportunity to develop their academic readiness skills.
Our STREAM program helps a child who is 4 or 5 to acquire the skills to be developmentally ready for kindergarten. Kindergarten students also need to be developmentally ready for the social and emotional challenges that are required in a full-day classroom. Children enrolled in STREAM will be learning in a collaborative Christ-Centered environment that will stretch their social abilities in small groups and partnerships.
- Critical Thinking
- Letter Recognition and Letter Sounds
- Number recognition and counting to 20
- Peer Collaboration in Small Groups
- Verbalize Cause & Effect
- Prediction through Experiments
- Develop 20 Minute Attention Span
- Build Onto Spanish & Music Skills
- Handle Conflict with Self-Control
Our STREAM 4s and 5s students meet 12:15-3:10pm Monday through Friday. If you need a full day, your child would join the full-day Preschool Plus childcare classroom before his or her afternoon class.
Click below to apply for our STREAM 4s & 5s classes: