Welcome to Peace!
Finding a church can be a difficult and scary thing. A lot of churches can make you feel like you have to act and think a certain way in order to fit in: Behave, Believe, and then, maybe, you can Belong.
But here at Peace Lutheran Ministries, we want you to feel like you belong, period. In fact, we want this place to feel like more than just a church you go to – we want it to feel like a home. Because God’s Good News of salvation is for everyone, and we are all here looking for something more than the world has to offer. We’re all looking for hope; for family; for a place to belong.
And that’s what you’ll find here at Peace, a church that is big enough to have something for everyone, while still being small enough to notice and care about you.
So stop in and join us for worship. You don’t need an appointment, you don’t need to dress a certain way, and you don’t need to “have it all together” to be here. Just be you – and be real.
Because we all come as we are… but we don’t stay that way. Once you’re a part of the music, the message and the love of God present in His people, we think you’ll start to see and believe that God’s promises really are true – and totally free! And once you see that, you start to see that being a believer in Jesus isn’t about the things you’ve done or the things you think you’re supposed to do; it’s all about what Jesus has done for you – and what you get to do in response: things like share His love with others by caring about them, serving them and being part of a family – that’s what we call “Being Church!”
So, okay, you’re probably asking yourself what we believe – what kind of church are we?
First and foremost, we are Christian. That means we believe in the one true God who reveals Himself in the Bible to be triune – the Holy Trinity. That means He is one God in three persons:
- God Father, the Creator and Sustainer of all that exists.
- God the Son, Jesus Christ, who became a human being for our sakes. Because we have rebelled against our Creator (what the Bible calls ‘sin’), we do not deserve the life that He gives us. Yet because of His great love for us, He sent His Son to save us: Jesus was born for us, He lived for us, He died for us, He rose again for us and He is one day coming back for us. By His saving work on the cross, He paid the price for all of our sins, once and for all. In Him, you are forgiven.
- God the Holy Spirit, who creates and grows faith through God’s Word and Sacraments.
Secondarily, we are Lutheran. This means that, like the 16th century church reformer Martin Luther, we believe that:
- People are saved sola gratia – by grace alone and not by works.
- People receive that grace sola fide – by faith alone in Jesus Christ and not by some secret teaching.
- God reveals to everyone His plan of salvation sola scriptura – through Scripture (the Bible) alone and not by any special revelation to just one person.
Finally, we are affiliated with the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS). The LCMS denomination (organization of churches) believes that the Bible is the Word of God inerrant and inspired, and is the source and norm of our faith. We also hold the Lutheran Confessions to be a faithful exposition of Scripture and what we believe. For more information on the LCMS, you can visit www.lcms.org.
So take your time, look around, and watch a service online. But then come and worship with us – we can’t wait to meet you!