Peace Lutheran School’s first priority is the safety and well being of all of our students and staff. Peace Lutheran school has several protocols in place to minimize the spread of COVID-19 in the school building.
As of April 7, 2022, we are not required to contact trace anymore. The only mitigations that are still in place is if anyone actually tests positive, they still need to isolate for 5 days and mask for 5 days upon return.
As of March 10, 2022, families are invited to attend weekly chapel on Wednesdays. K-8 chapel is at 7:55am in the school gymnasium. Early Childhood chapel is at 8:45am and 1pm in the Weis Room. Please come and worship with us as the family of God.
We also want to let parents know that although we are going to keep the morning drop-off and afternoon pickup procedures in place, as they have been working so well, parents are invited into the building for pickup after the school day ends at 3:15pm, as needed.
As of November 8, 2021 Peace has lifted the mask requirement for students and staff. Peace is still strongly recommending masking during this time of high transmission. These are the guidelines for the CDC and the Saginaw County Department of Health. We will still be following the protocols for quarantine for exposure and isolation for positive cases. Peace is also still required to report positive cases to the health department and will still post the number of positive cases on our website below.
To see what the protocol is for quarantine and isolation please follow the link below
COVID-19 Cases in school reported to administration as of 2/2/22- 23 cases.
1. Notified of 1 positive staff case on Sept. 13, 2021
2. Notified of 3 positive student cases on Sept. 14, 2021
3. Notified of 1 positive student case on Sept. 28,2021
4. Notified of 2 positive staff cases on Oct. 26, 2021
5. Notified of 1 positive student case on Oct. 27, 2021
6. Notified of 2 positive staff cases on Nov. 2, 2021
7. Notified of 1 positive staff and 1 positive student case Nov. 5, 2021
8. Notified of 1 positive student case on Nov. 16,2021
9. Notified of 1 positive student case on December 1, 2021
10. Notified of 2 positive student cases on December 7, 2021
11. Notified of 2 positive student cases on Jan. 7, 2022
12. Notified of 1 positive student case on Jan 25, 2022
13. Notified of 1 positive student case on Jan. 26,2022
14. Notified of 1 positive staff case and 2 student cases Jan. 31, 2022
2 Timothy 1:7 “For God gave us a spirit not of fear, but of power, love and self-control.”
During this difficult and unknown time, we pray that everyone stays safe and continues to do their part to stop the spread of this virus. This page will be a place that parents and students can go to get resources they may need during this pandemic. We will also have information here on the number of cases in the school that have been reported to school administration. If there would be a decision to go virtual, all distance learning resources are also provided on this page. May God bless us and keep us all safe.